Last Updated: November 29th, 2023
Tree of Life is one of Canada’s leading curator & growth partner for the food and beverage industry, from end to end. We offer this website as a platform to provide information to visitors about our products and brands, and to allow companies that may wish to work with us and sell or distribute our products to find more information about doing so (the “Services”).
- What Personal Information we collect
- What we do with the Personal Information we collect
- When we Disclose Personal Information
- How we Collect Information using Technology
- Retention of Personal Information
- We may Transfer Personal Information to Other Countries
- Links to other websites
- Your Choices
- Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information, Your Rights
- Contact Us
1. What Personal Information we collect
“Personal Information” is information that may identify an individual such as a first and last name, home or other address, an email address, or a phone number or other contact information. “Personal information” does not include information that is about a corporation rather than a natural person. As our services are directed to businesses, much of the information we collect is about businesses rather than individuals.
The Personal Information we may collect depends on how you choose to use our Services. We may collect personal information when you fill out and submit forms on our website, use interactive features on our site, or engage with us, through contacting our representatives.
For example, when you join our mailing list, or complete a form to explore the opportunity to become a retailer of our products, we collect information such as:
- your name,
- contact information such as your address, telephone number, and email address,
- information you choose to submit, for example if you complete a survey or questionnaire we provide,
- if applicable, information representing the corporation you represent, such as its name, contact information, line of business, and product information,
- if you are a corporate retailer or other corporate entity seeking to do business with us, and that relationship includes an extension of credit, we may request credit references to assess your ability to repay. If such a retailer has a landlord(s), we may also request the names of the landlord(s), for such purpose,
- We may also collect information regarding the owner/partners/or principals of such companies, such as their names, addresses, phone numbers.
Much of the information we collect is the business information of corporations with whom we work, or who are interested in working with us. Note, information about a corporate entity is not “personal information”, and this Policy does not list all manners in which we may process information that is not personal information.
2. What we do with the Personal Information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide our Services, to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To allow you to apply to become a distributor of our products, or to be a supplier of product to us, and to evaluate your suitability for such, and if applicable to assess your ability to repay amounts owed to us. For example, we seek to understand the history of the establishment and historic sales of potential distributors and suppliers.
- For our internal record keeping.
- To improve our Services and the user experience on our website.
- To send email and other communications about our products and Services, such as our newsletter, and special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- To manage, administer, maintain, service, collect and enforce any agreement we have with you.
- To respond to your questions or complaints.
- To investigate and settle any dispute or claim which relates to our site, products or Services, and/or any agreement we have with you.
- To investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
- For other purposes which are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
We may also anonymize, aggregate or otherwise strip any personal information or other information we collect of all personally identifying characteristics and may use or share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
3. When we Disclose Personal Information
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have in the event of bankruptcy, or if we or any part of our business merges with or is acquired by a third party, or if any such transaction is proposed.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; or (iii) to protect our rights, safety or property, or those of others.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may work with third parties to collect this information. For example, we use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for website and search engine optimization. We use Google Analytics on our website to analyze how users use and arrive at the website. Google Analytics may collect information such as user location as inferred from IP address, the amount of time a visitor spends on our website, which pages are more frequently accessed, how the website is accessed (either directly, a search engine, or from a link), what sort of software is used (e.g. operating system, browser type, etc.), as well as demographics. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information, please visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You can also choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Services.
In order to help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the personal information we collect.
Even though we have taken steps to help protect the personal information in our control, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
6. Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information as long as necessary for the purposes set out above. When personal information is no longer required, we will take steps to have the information deleted or destroyed.
7. We may Transfer Personal Information to Other Countries
Personal information that we collect may be stored and processed in Canada and outside your jurisdiction of residence, in any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities, including in the United States, and other countries. Personal information processed and stored in another country may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our Services or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. If you have any questions about our use of service providers outside of Canada, you may contact us using the information below.
8. Links to other websites
9. Your Choices
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may write to or email us using the contact information below to withdraw your consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- If you receive commercial email from us, you can also unsubscribe using the unsubscribe tool we provide in such messages.
If you choose to withdraw consent from a processing of personal information we need to provide our Services, we may no longer be able to provide those Services to you.
10. Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information, Your Rights
You may request access to your personal information that we hold and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate, subject to exceptions in the applicable law. If you would like to have access to the personal information we have about you, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example, if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons.
Under certain circumstances and subject to applicable data protection laws, you may also be entitled to request additional information regarding our personal information governance practices, including details regarding what personal information is collected about you, the categories of persons who have access to your information, and how long your information will be retained for. You may also be entitled to request that we cease communicating your information, or de-index any hyperlink material attached to your name that provides access to your Personal Information by a technological means.
If you have a complaint about how your personal information is being maintained, or if you have questions regarding how to exercise your rights or if you wish to submit a request, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
To help protect against fraudulent requests related to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, please write to or email at the below address.
We do not intend to collect information from children. If you are under the age of majority where you reside, please do not provide us with any personal information.
12. Contact Us
- access personal information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it; or
- to submit a complaint,
Please advise us by contacting our Director, Software Engineering and Information Technology by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email us at email@example.com.
Find the services or information you’re looking for quickly by searching our site.